Okee dokee.
So just a couple of things...
I have definitely noticed that the cervical mucus is a lot thicker. (Gross, I know, but true.)
Also, I've been having cramps. They started last night after my last post and have been continuing on and off through out the day. Now, I'm almost 100% positive that this is because I was technically supposed to have my period this week. As I've commented before, I was on the pill until Friday. When I asked the nurse about when I should insert the ring, she said I could insert it as soon as I got home if I wanted to (which is what I did). I told her I was supposed to start my period this week, and asked her if there was anything I needed to do (like take it out or whatever) and she said no, but I might have some spotting during the time I was supposed to have my period. She just told me to make sure that I take it out in 21 days and have a ring-free week before I start my extended cycling. So I'm pretty sure that's why I'm having cramps...
Anywho...
I checked my ring late last night before I went to bed and it felt like it was coming out!! (SShhhh, don't tell my boyfriend!) It just felt like it was too low...
I took it out, washed it off, and this time I used a tampon applicator to try and get it up further. Well, I checked this morning agian, and it had moved down where it originally was. I was a little concerned, so I went on NuvaRing's website where I found, "The exact position of NuvaRing® is not important for it to be effective."
What I take this to mean is, just as long as you can't feel it when you're moving around, and it's not falling out (mine wasn't, it just felt like it wasn't up far enough) you should be good. If I hadn't checked last night, I probably never would have known.
I think it might be a little too early to notice any side effects yet, but I swear my appetite is already decreasing. I didn't eat nearly as much today and I was able to eat smaller portions. Still too early to tell, but I'm hopeful =]
It's such a huge relief not worrying about taking a pill everyday. I hope it's worth it!!
Well, I'm off to bed. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment